I think true worship of Jesus will never die, but will increase more and more until He returns to take us to Heaven. When I read Revelation 7:9-12, Heaven looks like a giant concert hall. IMO, there’s only one issue in true worship, and that is the presence and infilling of the Holy Spirit (John 4:24).
The only One who knows how to glorify and worship the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit (John 16:14). Man’s self-efforts to glorify and worship the Lord fall woefully short. Even Jesus said, “I can of mine own self do nothing” (John 5:30) – he could do NOTHING without His Father who was with him through the presence and infilling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Great Worshiper of the Lord Jesus. We enter into His worship. Major on the Spirit of Worship, focus on the loveliness and love of Jesus. The rest will take care of itself.
I honestly believe that one reason corporate worship falls short is a lack of understanding of the gospel of the grace of Christ and His perfect and eternal sacrifice on the cross by which God, replacing the Old Covenant of the law with the New Covenant of grace (Heb 8:6-9), now says to us, “I forgive your unrighteousness, and your sins and your iniquities I remember no more” (Heb 8:12, 10:17). This is love beyond amazing from a loving God whose holiness was met on the cross when His own Son absorbed the full blows of God’s judgment and condemnation on our sins and the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Unlike Elijah, where God’s judgment consumed the sacrifice, Jesus prefect sacrifice survived the full judgment and condemnation of God. There is no more guilt and condemnation left for us. WE ARE FREE!!! Hallelujah.
As we allow ourselves to fully embrace “the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness towards us through Jesus Christ” (Eph 2:7), we can’t help but be so grateful that worship of the One who loves us so much just pours out of us.
I think that’s what’s meant by worshiping in Spirit and in Truth. The Holy Spirit worshiping through us as we embrace the truth of the gospel of the grace of Christ (Gal 1:6-7; Acts 20:24).
Well, here’s what I believe about the twenty-first century. It of course is an extension of the corruption and abuse that began in earnest in the twentieth century.
I believe we are in the Laodicean age (Revelation 3:14-22), which began around 1900 and is the last age before “The End.” We’re near the End, but, as the guy in Gladiator said, “Not yet.”
I believe Trump will win because God “rules in the affairs of man” (Dan 4:25) who has taken a hand at this time in America’s history to restore America for the next few decades. I believe the reason for America’s restoration is because God wants to bring in one more wave of souls, an in-gathering around the world to himself as prophesied by Jesus (Luke 14:23).
So I think all this turmoil in America and around the world is a preview of coming attractions, “but not yet”. I think things will begin to settle down – for awhile – a few decades I believe. I think we may very well see a period of prosperity in America and around the world, just before The End and it all comes crashing down. This is also supported by Bible prophesy when Jesus said, “For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be (Matt 24:38-39).
So, to summarize, God being behind all of this,
- I think Trump will win which I think will be the beginning of a period of restoration and prosperity in America for the next few decades.
- America will once again send its light of freedom and the gospel of the grace of Christ around the world and many will come to Jesus in these last days. The world will experience a degree of peace and prosperity.
- At some point, I think in the second half of this twenty-first century, Jesus will come suddenly, unexpectedly “as a thief in the night” to take His Church to Heaven (Matt 24:36, 42, 44; 1 Thess 4:16-17, 5:2), which will be followed by seven years of unimaginable horror, death and destruction on earth (Daniel 11:21-12:13; Revelation 6:1-19:21).
- After this seven-year “tribulation”, Jesus will return from Heaven with his saints and, as King of kings and Lord of Lords, will set up an unimaginably wonderful, peaceful rule for 1000 years such as this world has never ever seen.
All of this happening and launching in this twenty-first century. If I’m right, this will be the most incredible century ever seen.
Watch Matt Redman sing his hit worship song “10,000 Reasons” live in Times Square, New York in the following video.
The advertisements in the background are flashing, promoting different products and services, while Redman and the band sing praises to God.
It’s moving to see so many people raising their hands in worship, while the camera pans to other people in the crowd who look like they may never have seen a group of people worshipping God so publicly before.
The video gives a beautiful glimpse into what it looks like when we worship God in the midst of the mostly secular culture of NYC
Attacking business is attacking the goose that laid the golden egg.
This is where Trump is off. The problem never has been, is not now, nor never will be the voluntary cooperation of buyers and sellers in the market economy free from government interference.
The problem IS government interference which is why business are fleeing the country. Minimum wage, high taxes, suffocating regulations, and government protection of unions are the major reasons businesses are fleeing our country. Tariffs are a palliative measure appearing to address the problem but do not and actually makes matters worse.
Trump has addressed high taxes and regulations. He MUST address minimum wage, a DIRECT JOB KILLER and an anti-business and anti-jobs requirement that is also utterly unconstitutional at the federal level. Trump also need to address getting grid of unconstitutional federal protection of unions. Unions are another anti-business, anti-jobs entity that must be put into the competitive market economy of supply and demand free from government interference. If unions survive the supply and demand of the marketplace so be it, but they will have to be much better than they are now.
Regardless of politics, Trump must do what’s right by attacking the sources of our economic malaise and the causes of businesses fleeing our country. Unconstitutional job-and-business-killer minimum wage remains unopposed because of politics. But Trump must rise above this and eliminate federal minimum wage as well as unconstitutional federal union protection in order to fulfill his pledge to Make America Great Again.
“This has to be music to the ears of anyone who hates unlimited government tyranny and loves freedom and limited constitutional government.”
What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter – and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington
Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
- FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
- SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
- THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
- FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
- FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
- SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
- FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
- SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
- FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
- FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
- SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
- SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
- FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
- SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
- THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
- FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
- FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
- Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
- End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
- American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
- School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
- End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
- Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
- Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.
This is my pledge to you.
And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.
A pastor commented on the moral and spiritual decline in our country inferring a need to focus on our spiritual issues, not just our political political issues.
I agree that the underlying cause of our political and social malaise is a deep spiritual need to come back to a trust and reliance on God, not a reliance on man and his government. “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose hope is the Lord. for he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit” (Jer 17:5-8).
The answer, however, is not condemnation and the law, but grace. Here is the pastor’s comment and my response.
Pastor: We hear a lot about national political issues. Here are a few of the national SPIRITUAL issues that have my attention: Deliberate deception, unyielding arrogance, utter lawlessness, deep stubbornness, remorseless shedding of innocent blood, institutional injustice, pervasive greed, a controlling hunger for power, and a refusal to repent or acknowledge wrongs. Lots to be humble about these days.
My Response: Yes, more than ever before, our spiritual decline points to our being in the last days, your list paralleling the lists pointing to the last days in 1 Tim 4:1-3 and 2 Tim 3:1-5. But thank God for his last-day surge in the church of the glorious gospel of the grace of Jesus Christ which is able to save to the uttermost.
“Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For, behold, the darkness covers the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord arises upon you, and his glory is seen upon you. And the Gentiles come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of your rising” Isaiah 60:1-3.
It is time for the church to ARISE with the glory of God’s bright and shining gospel of the grace of Christ which the world is literally dying to hear. This is the time Jesus spoke of in his parable of the Great Supper which the Master is preparing for his Church and is about to take place. We are in the part of the parable where the master of the house says to his servants,
“‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.’ And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.’ Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.’” (Luke 14:16-24).
We have the answer for the deceived and deceivers, lawless, suborn, murderers, unjust, greedy, and power hungry that “through the name of Jesus, whosoever believes in him receives remission of sins” (Acts 10:43) and is “justified from all things” (Acts 13:39) by God who “justifies the ungodly” (Rom 4:5). We must wage this battle for spiritual freedom AGAINST Satan and FOR the ungodly who Jesus died for and “compel them to come in.”.
However, although spiritual victory and freedom is essential, it does not preclude the need also for the political victory and freedom of reinstating the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land against the feds. Actually, in a very real sense, political victory and freedom greases the skids for the free spread of freedom in Christ. The church needs to EXPAND, not contract, its influence here and around the world. Where the church withdraws, Satan moves in. Where light is removed, there is darkness.
Therefore, in all areas of our American institutions God’s people need to rise to the top because, “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bear rule, the people mourn” (Pro 29:2). Let us go as God directs and by his grace, to every corner of society as the righteousness of God in Christ and salt and light, to reestablish godly leadership in not only law and government, but also in education, the media, arts and entertainment, medicine, and science and technology.
2016 MLB Stats Overall
|2008 Rank||2009 Rank||2014 Rank||2015 Rank||2016 Rank||Conf||TEAM||Runs Ahead||Av R/A /Game|
This EcoWatch is another branch of EnviroNazis, fueled by UN’s Agenda 21, a huge totalitarian-favoring effort. Same as Animal Rights and Green Peace. Same as the DNC. All are Leftist orgs who hate individual freedom and love totalitarian government. These are generally very sad people who by-and-large have rejected the freedom Christ offers, are generally miserable people who want everyone else to be miserable too. If they can’t persuade you to join them in their misery, they want to force you into their miserable world through government coercion. It is really the spirit of antichrist.
It is all about envy. The miserable envying and hating the happy and free. Just as Jesus was killed because of envy (Matt. 27:18), so the world gradually moves to worldwide totalitarianism because of envy.
These are previews of coming attractions. The foundation is being laid but it’s not time yet for these fascists to have their day. I believe in a few decades, however, when the church is taken up to Heaven with the Holy Spirit (1 Thess. 4:17; 2 Thess. 2:5-8), then they will have their way, get more than they bargained for, and all Hell will literally break loose before the Lord returns with us to destroy those who hate him and establish his rule here as King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev 11:18; Rev 19:11-21). What a day that will be.
America is in a civil war which at its root is a spiritual battle between light and darkness. Christians cannot and should not run away from it. By God’s grace we must face it prayerfully and confidently, not with anger or hatred in our hearts toward our fellow man, but with a resolve that freedom is worth fighting for and if necessary, dying for.
The casualties of this war have so far mostly been the 70K+ defenseless unborn. God assigns different roles to different people in this war. In the American Civil War of 1861-1865, many Christians fought and died at the hands of other Christians. Many were sorrowful that they were fighting brother against brother. They didn’t fight because they had hatred in their hearts for their fellow man but because they believed freedom was worth fighting and dying for.
World War II was fought by many Christians who killed many people, not because they had hatred in their hearts for their fellow man, but because they believed freedom was worth fighting and dying for if necessary. Wonderful Christian people like Reese Howells were intercessors during this dark time and I believe broke through the darkness in intercessory prayer winning the spiritual battle ahead of the physical battle that had to also be waged.
Again, some Christians were assigned to intercede and not fight physically and some were assigned to physically fight, bleed, and die, but I’m sure they prayed – a lot.
We haven’t come to blows yet, but there have been massive casualties nevertheless. Right now, the fight is for the hearts and minds of the American People and is being waged at the spiritual level as well as the political and social level. We as Christians of course need to pray. But that doesn’t mean some of us should not also fight for those hearts and minds, not just at the spiritual level, but also at the political and social level. That is how our country was born.
But as with our nation’s birth, so now, our trust must be in the Hand of Providence of our God who miraculously birthed our country and will now by His mercy and grace, miraculously save and restore our country and its freedoms – spiritual freedom under the gospel of the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and political freedom under the Constitution.
We also cannot ignore the root problem in our country which is spiritual – hearts must once again turn to trusting God for their lives and well-being rather than trusting man and his government for their welfare (Ps 118:8). Political victory is necessary but not sufficient. Spiritual victory is essential. I don’t believe freedom can be long maintained without hearts surrendered to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ and his amazing grace.
God bless you for your part in piecing the darkness with the light of Christ by whom came grace and truth.
This article is from Hillsdale College’s Imprimis. To view the original, click here: Imprimis.
It is not beyond reason that a sovereign nation would be allowed to inquire whether the religious beliefs of an asylum seeker are compatible with the American constitutional order.
The article Who We Are As a People—The Syrian Refugee Question originally appeared on Imprimis.